Monday 5 January 2009

My First Colourwork of 2009!

Well, I've finished the secret project (the knitting part anyway!), so I have permission from myself both to play video games, and to knit something fun where the pattern is all laid out for me. :)

I haven't started it yet (Breath of Fire called me first!) but I'm going to start it later today - Stripey by Torirot. It looks like a good beginner project as the stripes go straight up without moving around, so I think (!) I'll be able to keep track of what I'm doing!

It's ridiculous that I actually feel a little anxious thinking about doing colourwork. I mean, it's only knitting! Even if I totally mess it up, which I probably won't, it can always be ripped back and redone. I think I've just built it up in my head to be something more impossible than it actually is. The silliness of my "fear" is what's driving the Year of Colour. Plus there's all these great patterns out there, and I was holding myself back because I thought I wouldn't be good enough at it. Very silly.

So I'm very excited about making this hat! I suppose I'd better get my butt off of the computer (and away from those time-sucking video games) and actually knit it, eh? :D

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck, but you won't need it. :-) You have just the right attitude. It really doesn't matter if you make a mistake as long as you try in the first place. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go for it! Like you say it's only knitting. But you won't' need to frog!

What colours are you thinking of using?