Saturday 3 January 2009

7 Things

I got tagged ages ago by Samsara with this meme, but em, it kind of got buried under Christmas stuff. I always did mean to do it, and it kept coming back into my mind, but somehow it just never got done :/ So anyway, here it is:

The Rules:

1) Link to your tagger and list all these rules in your blog.

2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs

4) Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

The Facts:

1. My favourite dinosaur is the Stegoaurus.

2. I've always been interested in ancient Egypt, the pyramids and pharoahs and mythology etc. It's simply fascinating to me, and I went to see the Tutenkahmen exhibition when it came to Edinburgh when I was little.

3. The World Wonder that is most interesting me is the Colossus of Rhodes. I've been to Rhodes, and seen where it used to stand, and I think that's why it's so interesting, cos I can imagine it standing there.

4. My favourite artist is Salvador Dali.

5. I kind of collect and read books about World War II. I have quite a lot of them, but I'm not sure why I'm so interested in reading about it. I don't normally like to read about war and the military, but for some reason it just interests me.

6. I love Vincent Price movies. I'm not sure which is my favourite, he was so fantastic in all of the ones I've seen.

7. The first computer/console I ever used and played games on was my dad's ZX Spectrum 81. I used to play games on it (they took ages to load on the tape deck) and I did some Basic programming using magazines he bought, and I also learned to touch type using a program that he had. Yes, I was just as geeky as a kid as I am now. ;)


Hmm, those were all kind of historical random facts about me, even though I thought them up randomly. All this New Year stuff must have my mind thinking about the past, even unconsciously :)

I think most of the people whose blogs I read have done this meme, I'm sure I've seen it on a few. So I won't officially tag anyone, except to say that if you haven't done this meme, then feel free to consider that I've tagged you, and if you have done it and you want to write more random facts, then I've tagged you too! Let me know if you do this meme, so I can come have a look!

1 comment:

Samsara said...

Thanks for posting those random and strangely interesting facts :-) It's nice getting to know you a bit better!