Monday, 11 June 2007

Finished Blueberry

The blueberry sweater is finished!!!!

I really like it. I've been told it's a very girly choice for me, which I hadn't even realised, but that's right. When I saw the magazine at first, I didn't think I was going to make that particular pattern, but then months later I looked at it again, and immediately thought of some yarn I had in my stash. And so I made it. The charts in the magazine were quite wrong, with problems in the cables and in the shaping at the top - it said to cast off 6 stitches at the beginning and end of a row. Is that actually possible? I don't know of any way to do it, so I just spread it over 2 rows. I also made it a little longer than the pattern called for.

I had problems at the beginning with the sizing, but that was my fault, my inability to tell what size I actually am. This one had to be made a size bigger, THEN I started thinking it was going to be too big, but it's actually just right.

This took 3 and a half weeks to make. It would have been less time if I'd made the correct size in the first place and didn't have to rip an entire section of it. Also if I'd been monogamous and not run off to play with Rogue. It was supposed to be a stash-buster, to use up all of this type of yarn that I had - this is what is left:

Almost enough to make another one! I guess I'll be making a t-shirt or something with the rest, or putting it together with some black I've got in the same yarn. But for now, it's going back in the stash, till I work on Rogue - I'm back up to where I was before on that one, and it looks like it's the right size this time!

1 comment:

Lothlorian said...

thats so so PRETTY I am tempted myself!!