Sunday 3 June 2007

Fereshteh workshop

Finally, some dance to write about!

Yesterday I went to a workshop by Fereshteh (link over on the right). I was going to post about it yesterday, but by the time I got home I was knackered! The workshop was amazing, really good. She taught a choreography, and somehow managed to get through teaching a 7 minute song in 1 hour! Not so a noob like me could remember it so good, but I could follow along, without too much hassle. It helped I'd heard the song before. There were a lot of interesting moves and techniques - some of the new moves are going to take a bit of drilling before I'll get them. There was one move where my body just refused to put the proper leg in front, and to accent at the right time, but that was just because it was new. I learned a bit about dancing to the different rhythms - the music went from different rhythms like Khaleeji and Saeedi to Baladi, and we did an improv section to a Baladi piece, and she told us a bit about the moves that are good with that type of music. The workshop was very hard work - I was drenched in sweat by the end of it, but it was so much fun, and very useful. She's a really good dancer, I don't even have words to describe how good it is just to watch her perform.

So needless to say, today I've been lying about the house, my body recovering from the workout, and knitting. I've done the front, back and 1 sleeve of the blueberry/blackcurrant top. Just one sleeve and the neckline left to do!

No comments: