Monday 14 May 2007

Ripples of JoY

As promised, here's a picture of the crochet blanket-in-progress:



I love this pattern! It's from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns, which is an amazing book, full of wonderful stitch patterns for knitting and crochet. This is my first crochet project which doesn't involve granny squares, and the first one in which I'm actually aware of what I'm doing and not just making it up as I go along, which I kind of did with the granny square blankies! The colors are a little different, the flash brightened up the blue and dulled the orange, and that's supposed to be red at the bottom! I guess if nothing else, this blog will make me improve my camera skills!

I've knitted a scarf using another pattern from this book, here's a photo of the stitch pattern:


I can see I'm probably going to use this book time and time again. I wouldn't say it's quite 200 ripple patterns, cos the author seems to think that changing the stripe colors and frequency counts as a whole original new pattern. I don't agree. But misleading though the title is, it's still a great book with loads of stitch ideas.

So the blankie is going to take up most of my crafting time for the next little while. I'm not sure about the colors, it seems like it's turning out a little rasta. They're all acrylic and bright colors, you know the type of yarn I'm talking about! But I'll keep going cos I like to see where these things end up, what it'll end up looking like, and if I'll like it!

In dancing news, today I got my confirmation for Jewel of Yorkshire! It's a weekend of belly dance workshops, hafla and souk, away down in Yorkshire in October, and I'm so excited! This will be the first JoY I've been to, but some of my friends have been before and it sounds wonderful. I'm going to classes by Asmahan, Djamila and others, and I'm doing the Isis wings workshop! I've never used Isis wings before but they look great! If you're a knitter reading this and not a dancer, I urge you to go to Youtube and search for Isis wings and watch people dancing with them. I'm so excited!!!!

No comments: