Wednesday 23 May 2007

Mariah!

Finally, after months of procrastination, Mariah is finished!




I love it! This pattern is soooo beautiful, and so much fun to knit. It was designed by the fabulous Jodi Green, and I saw it on Knitty when it first came out, and fell instantly in love with it. I spent ages looking for the perfect yarn, then came across 4 balls of some obscure yarn in a charity shop. This one I still have the ball band for - Touch of Class luxury DK by Coney. Acrylic, wool and nylon. I saw it sitting there and thought instantly - Mariah! So of course I snapped it up, and started knitting immediately. It took me ages to get round to sewing it up though, and I really regret the time it sat there in the UFO pile when all it took was a little sewing. I'm so pleased with it now it's finished. It's a fantastic pattern (did I say that already, lol). I can see it's one I'm going to come back to in the future. But next up is Durrow, another pattern by Jodi. She's so talented! Cables seem to be a recurring theme in my knitting right now, but I'm not fighting it. My pictures don't really show off the FO to its best. It doesn't help that my t-shirt is showing through!

1 comment:

jodi said...

Looks fantastic! Love the red. I'm trying to decide what colour to use for a new Mariah for myself (as the original was made with recycled yarn and is starting to fall apart!).