Tuesday 22 May 2007

Stuff I've done recently (imaginative title!)

Knitting news. I've finished the front or back of the Blackcurrant Ice Cream top. I need to block it before I knit any more though cos I'm a bit worried it's going to be too tight. I held it up to me and it looks like it's the right length, and it'll go on if I make it that size, but it seems a bit clingy just now. So a-blocking I will go, and I hope it goes well, cos if not it means I need to go a-frogging too.

Today I also really need to sew in a zip. I've been putting off sewing in this zip for months, and I don't know why. The actual object has been sewed up for ages, I'm just really crap at sewing things, I prefer knitting them. But I'll definitely sew it in today, then tomorrow I'll have some exciting pictures to put up. There, I need to do it now, cos I've said so in public. Another thing this blog will be good for - getting me to actually do stuff.

On Saturday I went to my dancing classes - they were all excellent. Bollywood was really hard, I missed last week, and she crams so many moves into one lesson. I really need the practice time in between classes otherwise there's just no way I would get any of it.

I also went to a hafla in Tayport. I'm not sure about the etiquette of posting pictures of real people on the net so I'm not going to. Better safe than sorry, I don't want anyone getting annoyed at me for plastering their face all over the net. So you'll have to make do with my description instead. It was a small-ish hafla, with just a few performances. But there was a great atmosphere. Sometimes smaller haflas are good for that. Big ones can be a bit colder sometimes, not so much mixing of people. But this one was really good. The performers were all great, it looked like they were having so much fun. There was a buffet too (Food! always a good thing!). Yum! All in all, it was a great night, and I had a lot of fun.

Sorry about the lack of pictures today, I'll try post more tomorrow. Now off to block! (Ooh, I hope it goes well!)

No comments: