Saturday 7 July 2007

Instant Stash Enhancement - Part 1

This post is going to be a bit picture intensive, so I'll split it over two posts, I think.

My bf's mum's friend is moving house soon, and busy packing her stuff, and clearing some of it out. And she gave me some of her craft stuff!!! Yay! I now have an instant fabric stash! Not that I'm confident with sewing yet, but I'm going to a class in August/September, and I now have a bunch of cool fabrics to make stuff from!

Now for the pictures:


Some felt - along with cute bunny ears and feet! She must have been going to make some sort of stuffed toy - wonder what I can incorporate them into?


Shiny fabrics! The top picture has all lilac shades - I don't know if they're properly visible in the picture. I definitely need to improve my camera skills! Neither of these pictures does the fabric justice.


Various net-type fabrics.


And some heavier fabrics, and curtains. I put the black fabrics in this picture too, even though some are heavy and some are shiny. It's hard to photograph black fabrics as it is, so I just lumped them all together.

I can't wait for my sewing class to start now. I just don't have enough confidence in my sewing yet to dive in, I want to get comfortable with the machine first before I cut into any of the lovely fabrics.

No comments: