Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Start Date: July 18th, 2008
End Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011
end blurb :)
Blimey, I hadn't realised the end date was so far away till I used the date calculator! Hopefully, I'll have more luck with this than project 365, although, that's on my list, to complete that also.
So, onwards to Teh List Of Doom! (I have two versions, one just with the random things as they came out my head, and another sorted. I'll post the sorted one, it's easier to see everything).
1. Sew tote bags from pillow cases
2. Sew lined curtains for kitchen
3. Sew curtain for back door
7. get knitting pattern published
10. do project 365 and finish it!
13. sew 10yd or 25yd skirt for tribal
16. draw 10 pictures (any medium) /10
21. write 5 short stories or 1 book /5 /1
24. knit colourwork (fairisle type) sweater
37. make a quilt (doesn't matter what size or complexity)
43. design lace stole/shawl
49. make recycled paper
50. make paper from grass and plants
51. make bf's fahrenheit jumper
54. make a recipe book with recipes I can actually make
learn to knit socks on 1 circ
57. take photos of old knitting projects and post to ravelry
62. put up free sock pattern
63. crochet an item of clothing other than a scarf or shawl or hat or gloves
64. knit long socks (over knee length)
65. make inspiration board
66. use up all my crochet cotton thread
67. knit/crochet 5 blankets /5
68. frame, hang up pictures I've drawn
75. think of 500 pattern ideas and sketch them /500
76. write out 100 of those patterns /100
78. visit old graveyard at stirling uni and take photos
80. make my own knitter's almanac
82. draw 5 self-portraits /5
11. read lord of the rings /3
12. watch lord of the rings movies /3
46. finish listening to Narnia audiobooks 5/7
47. finish listening to Dark Materials audiobooks 1/3
60. go to a classical music concert
61. go see another ballet
73. read all of 1 James Clavell book
98. read 50 books
4. finish making border in back garden
5. organize and back up ALL computer files
6. get pet insurance
14. get put on list for council house
15. make database of dvds and cds
18. take Tupac to the forest 25 times /25
19. take those overdue books back to the library and pay the damn fine!
20. save £1000
26. phone mum every week for 3 months 1/12
27. phone pamela every week for 3 months 1/12
28. phone dad every fortnight for 3 months /6
36. phone gran every week for 3 months /12
22. paint living room and bedroom and doors.
25. tidy spare room to state of liveability
35. hoover every day for 1 month
45. get a hamster
69. buy an ironing board
74. create hat/scarf basket for hall
84. sort thru clothes, throw away old, non-fitting ones
85. throw out my old guinness t-shirt :(
88. buy a dvd camera
91. for 1 month, wash all dirty dishes before going to bed /31
8. lose weight to below 10.5 st
32. get driving liscence
44. get another tattoo
48. moisturise feet every day for 3 months /93
58. get bikini wax
70. get over my blennophobia
81. get eyes tested once a year /3
90. eat no chocolate for 1 month /31
9. perform solo sword dance
17. organise a bellydance hafla
29. choreograph dance to faddah
30. choreograph dance to indigroove
31. start teaching bellydance
77. choreograph drum solo
83. see bellydance superstars live
94. Finish choreographing Isis Wings - Enta Omri completely
97. learn to do a turkish drop
23. work thru pimmsleur japanese
59. get a japanese penfriend
71. Learn to say "I love you" in 10 languages /10
72. learn japanese calligraphy
89. translate one whole japanese novel (even a small one counts)
40. complete final fantasy x, x2, xii /3
41. complete morrowind or oblivion
86. Create a family on the Sims and play them through until death WITHOUT cheating
92. finish 10 other rpgs /10
93. play thru all silent hill games again /5
95. complete 10 other games
33. go see Rosslyn Chapel
34. go up Wallace monument
42. go to 10 museums /10
87. Go somewhere on my new passport
38. post to my blog every day for one month /31
52. post 20 book reviews on my blog /20
53. submit cd reviews to shimmycast
55. update blog twice a week for a year /104
put tags on all my blog posts23.07.2008
96. get audible.com account
Haven't decided yet:
101. make a journal with all of this in it.
I'll update the list as I finish tasks (and actually choose the last few!). Actually, I was thinking of making a whole other blog for it, as it'll be easier to keep track of what I'm doing. Hmm. Need to think about that, but it's a distinct possibility.