Sunday 20 July 2008

My 1st vogue pattern - (non) beaded shawl

From VK Winter 2007/2008:



I'm not adding beads to this, for no real reason other than I didn't feel like it. I've been photographing it after every repeat:









That last photo is supposed to be it nearly complete, with the last repeat done. Hahahahaha! My gauge appears to be wayyyyyyyyy off! My shawl after this last repeat is only half the size it should be. You can see the difference in open-ness if you compare that pic to the one from the magazine.

After noticing this, I'm a little less keen on this shawl now. I wanted it to be like the one from the mag, dammit! But I suppose there's nothing wrong with it as it is, it's just different. It'll need another 3 repeats or so to make it the right size, and it'll be quite a bit heavier I imagine. A winter shawl! I've got lots of this wool anyway (gray rennie 100% wool off of ebay) so I'll have more than enough to complete it. And enough to make another at the correct gauge if I want, afterwards. So I'll keep going. I just can't bring myself to rip all of that back!!

2 comments:

Romi said...

Ooooooh! I really love that one!

Anonymous said...

I can see what you mean about the gauge, but it looks great anyway. :-)
It's a really pretty stitch pattern!