Friday 8 February 2008

Scheherazade done and Wicked begun!

Schehrazade is blocked!




It's HUGE, at least lengthways - I had to clear a big space on the floor to get a decent photo, and even then there was still crap in the way :( (I'm having a few issues with the whole spring-cleaning thing that's going on. Please ignore me while I have a tantrum or two)

But I have to say, I think this is the most beautiful thing I've ever made (all thanks to the wonderful pattern). I really want to make it again, in some proper laceweight. The yarn I used was really thin cobwebby 2 ply, so I think it's a bit thin widthwise.

Some close ups:




I really need to try take better pics of it.

So anyway, I've been working on Wicked for the past few days. I'm using the last few balls of the Wendy Aran that I made Rogue with. I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough for the pocket, but then I got down past the shoulders and realised that it was going to be far too big. I totally forgot all about negative ease :) So, it got ripped back, and I'm making a size smaller. Now it fits fine, but I'm trying it on every inch or so cos it's my first top-down sweater and I'm totally paranoid about shaping. Right now, I'm past the pocket and have done some shaping for the hips, but I've got a feeling that might need to be ripped back and re-shaped. I'm just not confident right now with shaping. I guess I'll need to get over it though, since this arrived from amazon the other day:



I do have a picture of wicked just past the chest, but I'm not posting it cos my bf took it and I look lopsided and weird :)

No comments: