Tuesday 15 January 2008

Scheherazade (the stole)

Last year I took part in the Mystery Stole 3 KAL, and I loved it! The pattern was really pretty, and it was my first 'proper' lace project. I had problems, documented previously, but overall, I had fun. So around that time I bought the pattern that Melanie had created for the Mystery Stole 2 KAL - Scheherazade. I mean, it's really pretty, AND it's named after the heroine from Arabian Nights! How could I resist?

And now, after what feels like ages, I've finally got around to knitting it. Here's a couple of (unblocked) detail shots:




It has a provisional cast on, which I got much practice doing when I was trying to do the Print O' The Wave Stole (update on that: it's waiting to be frogged, because I didn't have enough yarn, and it looked silly being so small. I will make the pattern again, with enough yarn, but not yet. Too busy with Sheherazade.)

Right now, I've nearly done the first half - you do the provisional cast on in the middle, the do both halves outward from that, so I'm nearly at the top edge. Or the bottom. Whatever, they're both the same. :) I'm using many lifelines, since I learned from at least some of my mistakes with the last lace stole. I've only had to rip back a couple of times, but I'm not getting complacent. That was one of the mistakes last time :)

No comments: