Saturday 5 January 2008

Baby Knitting

No, not for me!!!!

My cousin's expecting in January, so I thought I'd better get cracking with the baby knitting, since it is January already. OMG, I only just realised that the sprog's coming so soon. I've still got hats to make! Eeek!

Anyway, sudden realistions aside, this is what I've made so far:



Booties (pattern: Saartje's Bootees) I made these out of some leftover dk crepe type yarn I had in the stash. I made the button tag things a little longer than the pattern called for, cos they were too small casting on only 10 extra stitches, and I still need to actually put buttons on them, but I saw the pattern on Ravelry and thought they were cute, so I whipped them up (they knit really fast, which is good). I also used the leftover yarn to make mittens:



My own pattern, which will be coming up later. Yay!

I also made a jumper for the baby



using this pattern from the ever increasing pattern stash (I just can't resist those charity shops!)



It's a Sirdar Snuggly Baby Yarns pattern design no 3297 in case you're interested. I did keep the ball band this time - Wendy Peter Pan Mischief DK. It's really weird working from old patterns - the only decrease it tells you to do is a K2tog. I was reading it thinking "this should be a ssk!" but old patterns don't seem to use any fancy terms like that lol! (I just went ahead and did the ssk!)

Now to get to work on those hats!

No comments: