Thursday 14 May 2009

Obsession...

I have a new favourite pattern of the moment :)

Jamaican Tam
Jamaican Tam
Jamaican Tam

Black and Pink Hat
Black and Pink Hat

Pattern: Peaked Slouch by Zuleika Lambe (rav link, buy pattern link

Seriously, I cannot impress upon you all how much I love this pattern! I've barely had the jamaican striped one off of my head since I made it!

I became obsessed with making this pattern after I saw Zu's jamaican tam come up on ravelry, and needed to have one just.like.it! It's so cool!

I made a couple of mods, just added one extra row in the working straight section, and did stripes on what would have been 10-12 (11-13 since I added one in grey) after asking the designer exactly where she had placed her stripes :) My hat did have to be the same, after all! I also added decreases on the first sc row, and made the brim using a 4mm hook to make it more solid ( Ihad to add a couple of rows to compensate for smaller size).

This pattern is so fast and fun to make! I made those two yesterday, and I've become a bit addicted :) They're excellent stash busters too, cos the stripes can go anywhere (so many ideas in my head just now, it's not even funny!)

3 comments:

Samsara said...

Oo, nice! Makes me want to grab my hook! :-)

Zu said...

Yay! You have made my day!! I'm so glad you like the pattern! The hats look so good on you too.
*hops and skips away with joy*

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love the first one the most, I think. They're awesome looking!