Monday 4 January 2010

The Obligatory New Year's Resolutions Post

Well, it's that time of year again, when we all start to think about what we want to acheive in the coming year, and when new goals and resolutions are born :) Some die pretty quickly (last year's quest to lose weight? Yeah, not so much!) but I still feel obliged to make these goals. I figure in the pursuit of them, something will happen that will be good. I'll at least be a little closer to what I wanted to achieve.

Last year I resolved to learn to knit colourwork, and I did. I can now do stranded knitting and double knitting. I didn't do as much of it as I thought I would at the beginning of the year, and that first fair isle sweater is still some way off, but I'm happy with what I did manage to achieve.

This year, I've joined the IntSweMoDo2010 group on Ravelry, which has the goal of making 12 sweaters in 2010 (InstSweMoDo stands for International Sweater a Month Dodecathon). So that's the first goal, to knit or crochet 12 sweaters. I think that should be do-able, so long as I don't have a big knitting flump in the summer like last year.

Secondly, I want to knit my way through all the socks in the book Favorite Socks (rav link) This one is just me, no group behind it, I just love all those patterns so much! This one is probably do-able, but I'm not sure about it all being done in a year. But hey, even if I only make a few, I'll still have some pretty cool socks!

That's it for the knitting goals. There's the usual lose weight, get fit, dance more type of resolutions. The bf's giving up smoking, so that should be fun over the next few days!!

Oh, and I also want to do project 365 this year, and take a photo every day for a year. I've managed the three days so far, go me!! (I'll do a seperate post for that) I've joined the project 365 flickr group, and the project 365 ers group on ravelry, so hopefully that should keep me motivated.

So I'm definitely going to be busy over the next year! It'll be interesting to see how far I get with each of these goals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Karen said...

You're planning a very busy year for yourself! Good for you! It's wonderful to be creative!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Idle Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search HD Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications & Download Them @ Fast Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]