Saturday 7 February 2009

Lion Brand Cowl Neck Sweater

I made this in January, but only just got a photo recently. I'm so bad at photographing my FO's!

cns01

It's the Side-To-Side Cowl Neck Sweater, which is a free pattern from Lion Brand. It's a great pattern, very easy with a simple construction, but it looks interesting. It's a great mindless project, lots of crocheting in straight lines.

I adapted the sleeves a little. I crocheted in the round, but turned the work back and forth after every round, so that it would look the same as the main body. I also moved the placement of the armholes, so that the body was longer, and the neck a little smaller.

I'm happy with the sweater, but I can't help thinking it should have a little more negative ease to look better. Half of my brain wants to rip it out to just before the first armhole and basically start again (it's the only way I can think of to make it tighter. But it would mean practically starting all over again.

I think I'll have to let it be for a little while before I decide, but I kind of feel like I've already decided to do it, you know? Sigh. Still, it wouldn't take that long to redo. It's an amazingly quick garment to crochet, and if I stick on some sci-fi series to watch I'm sure it would go even faster! Yep, I'm pretty sure it'll be done at some point, but I just can't bring myself to do it quite yet. :(

1 comment:

Zu said...

That looks store brought!! You did a great job on it.