Sunday 22 March 2009

Software Hitlist

What is the software I can't live without? I saw this list on Crochetzu's website, and being the geek I am, was totally intrigued. I even followed all the links back through knitwith homespun and needlesandvectors to see what other people thought. Computers are such a large part of my life, but I kind of take the software for granted. Until I need to reinstall windows that is, then everything resets and I have to think of what programs I need to reinstall. I actually have a folder backed up on cd with various install files, purely for that purpose (yes, I'm that much of a geek!). And all my install disks are in a box together in my spare room, waiting for that moment when windows will crash and die (because it always does). Here's some of the stuff on those cds and in that box:

Office professional
Photoshop (I've only learnt to work it recently, and already I can't live without it!)
Winamp
Flickr uploader
Itunes (I need my podcasts!!)
Zonealarm (it's amazing how many programs try to sneakily connect to the internet, and I love that this program can stop them!)
VLC media player (much better than windows media player!)
Nero cd burning package
Firefox!!
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Winrar (it's the one I prefer out of all the zip/conpressed files extraction programs)

Then there's all the drivers that I have to keep backed up. There's a lot more programs that would get reinstalled, but this list is all of the priority ones!

What are your can't-live-without programs?

3 comments:

loopykd said...

Nice list! I can't find anything there I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I totally didn't intend to start a meme, just make a little list for myself. Haha.

Zu said...

Nice list! I think I'm going to try zonealarm.