Saturday 24 May 2008

Some More FOs

OK, so here's the rest of the fo's I promised like, three weeks ago. I'm having real problems keeping up with my blog. I think I'm using Ravelry for what I intended the blog to be - a place to keep track of my knitting, what I made and everything entailed in that. And having two places to do that isn't really working. I think I'll have to rethink what I want the blog to be. Maybe add some other topics of discussion. I could even, gosh, talk about dancing once in a while? :)

Anyway, for today, here's some of the small projects I finished:



Jules, from The Inside Loop, issue 1. (BTW have you seen issue 2 yet? Some lovely patterns there again). I love these socks, they're so comfy and wearable. They're made from some of a huge cone of Rennie 4 ply wool I got off ebay a while.




These are crocheted ears, that I test-crocheted for Kitty-bob on Ravelry. I don't think she has a website, the pattern is just available on Ravelry right now. But if you're a member there, then the pattern is free! These were really fast, and fun. The big one is made of two strands of DK yarn held together and is the same size as my bf's ear, and the small one is made with the same instructions from just one strand and is the same size as my ear. I knew I had small ears, but I really developed quite a complex for a couple of days after seeing the difference! Anway, they took a small amount of yarn, so good for leftovers, and it really didn't take long to make them at all.

That's it for FOs that I have pictures of. I have two other FOs that I'll have to photograph soon, and a secret project which I have high hopes for, but I can't put it here yet.

And, I'm working on Stargazer again! My bf nagged me last night to go back to it, cos it was just sitting in a bag, and if all it needed was a band round the middle and sewed, then why wasn't I getting on with it?! So I flounced a little and took it out the bag. I'm in the middle of the band, and I think it's going to work out fine. I had irrational fear of it being too big, or too small, or whatever else entered into my head that day. I figure I'll just knit the damn band and if it needs fixed after that, I can fix it. Soon, it will be finished. Then I can get onto another sweater.

No comments: