Sunday 1 July 2007

Work on the Tribal Scarf

I haven't posted for a few days due to a number of reasons. I've had a horrible cold, so haven't had much concentration power, and there's also this:




What feels like miles and miles of moss stitch. For some reason I thought this would grow quickly. I obviously hadn't realised that 2 ply on 2mm needles DOES NOT grow quickly. That's about a week's work there, and I've still got ages to go. It's going to be a tribal hip scarf, either the size it is, or folded in half, I'll have to finish and look at the fabric to decide. It'll be fringed all round the bottom, and the bottom will have seed beads on it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to crochet the fringe, cos the yarn is so thin. I don't want to breaking as I tug it around my hips. Ugh, I thought this was going to be an easy project, that would just speed along. Still, it'll be nice when it's finished, and I can show it off to all the people in my tribal class when we go back in September. It might be finished then. :)

Oh, I almost forgot! My latest charity shop find!


Teeny tiny crochet hooks! There's so small, you can hardly see the hooky bit at all! I saw them sitting there in a cup beside all the dpns, and thought they looked a bit weird, so I picked one up. If I hadn't been listening to old Cast On episodes, and the one where Quirky Nomad talks about minature crochet, I don't know if I'd have known what they were. As it was, I looked at the tiny ends, and thought Ah, that's what she was talking about! They range in size from 1.5 mm to only 0.75 mm. I usually crochet on a 4mm, so they seem really small. I don't know if I'll ever do much minature crochet, my eyes hurt enough looking at this tiny moss stitch I'm doing, but I just had to have them. I'm thinkning maybe I'll use one of them to crochet the fringe for the scarf, then I can crochet the beads in and they'll be more secure when I'm dancing. This scarf is going to take so long, I just know it, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I haven't felt the urge to just rip it all out anyway, and that's got to be good.

No comments: